Summit Figure Skating Club of NC, Inc.
1. Introductory Membership: Introductory members are first time full members with SFSC and USFS. This includes basic skill members that are joining as full USFS members. Introductory members cannot vote unless they are 18 years of age and over.
2. Junior with Parent Membership: Juniors are under the age of eighteen (18) years of age and must have a parent or legal guardian join with them. The parent or guardian can vote, hold office, and enjoy SFSC and USFS privileges. Junior skaters may not vote, hold office, or be a board member. Junior members are eligible for stipends as applicable.
3. Family Membership: This membership is for a family that has more than one figure skater in their family and everyone resides at the same physical address. Each family member will become a member of SFSC and USFS and will receive a membership number. Each family will receive one (1) vote at all general membership meetings. The voting member must be 18 years of age or older.
4. Senior Membership: Senior members must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. This class is subdivided into Senior Eligible, Senior Ineligible, and Senior Restricted. Senior Eligible members can vote, hold office, and receive stipends as applicable. Senior Ineligible members can vote but cannot hold office. Senior Restricted members can vote, but cannot hold office or be a board member. However, one (1) Senior Ineligible member can vote, but cannot hold office or be a board member.
5. Collegiate Membership: Collegiate members must be at least 18 years of age. This class will have the same restrictions and will receive the same benefits as senior members. Individuals who are enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs are eligible for this membership. Collegiate memberships are valid for four calendar years. Memberships initiated in the 2014 fiscal year are valid until June 30, 2018. Collegiate members can vote and can only use this membership once in their lifetime.
6. Associate Membership: Associate members have no voting rights and cannot become a board member. They may test and perform at events sponsored by SFSC. Associates are allowed to pay senior member test fees and fees for exhibitions are set by the board. Associate members are not eligible for SFSC stipends.
7. Coaches Membership: Coaches can vote, hold office, and enjoy all the privileges of SFSC and USFS.